Thursday, March 26, 2009

ULCERIFIC!

And that’s how I can describe my life at the moment. Both financially and physically.
Seems as though my wallet/bank account just can’t stop bleeding money out. Bills, gas, food, emergency matters; I just can’t staunch the flow. But that’s life I guess.
And with that said we now head into the best of this post.

Friday March 20th 2009 I woke up at 9:30 AM to get ready for work. I was bright and bushy tailed. Ready to take the world on and do my best at my place of employment. And that is a lie. I woke up at 9:30 AM vomiting blood. Over and over again I orally ejected a mixture of bile, stomach acid, and blood. At some point I began throwing up so hard that my nose began bleeding non-stop. It went something like this:
Spray of blood from the mouth
Gush of blood from the nose
Spray of blood from the mouth
Gush of blood from the nose
Spray of blood from the mouth
Gush of blood from the nose

It was an exciting time, boys and girls. At around 10:50 AM I finally called my manager to tell her that I wasn’t making it in to work. The conversation went something like this:

Susan: This is Susan speaking. How may I help you.
Me: Hi Susan. This is Stan. I’m not going to make it in to work today. I’m about to head out to the hospital. I’ve been throwing up blood and my nose has been bleeding for the past hour. I’m trying to get someone to cover my shift.
Susan: Would you like me to help?
Me: If possible… please.
Susan: Ok. But please call me after you get out of the hospital.

With that I was treated to hearing my manager worriedly saying, “Oh my god!”, as she hung up the phone. With that done I managed to drag my bloody puking self to the hospital. Waiting in the emergency room was a real chore. As per the norm the nurse was extremely indifferent towards the blood spattered on my face, shirt, and pants. With a pen and forms pushed in front of me her job was done for the moment.

Once I finally got to see the doctor it was then that my atrocious appearance garnered an actual “human” response. With a start the doctor immediately ushered me to sit. I could tell he was thinking, “What the fuck happened to this guy?!”. Blood was drawn, test were done, questions asked, and finally after hours the doctor let me know what was my ailment. “Mr. Walker,” he said plainly while staring me in the eye. His dead eyed stare sent me into a spiral of apprehension. My head swam with a myriad of ideas of what could be wrong. Of course the worse of the ideas sat on the top of the thick stew of thoughts. Much like large globules of grease and fat. “Mr. Walker you have an ulcer,” he finally stated. With that I was given a prescription and released. Afterwards paid my co-pay. (Look! My wallet is hemorrhaging again!) Before I left the doctor told me that I had to be very careful with my diet. No spicy foods, no alcohol, and no coffee. It was the coffee thing that hurt the most. I work in a damn coffee shop! Telling me not to drink coffee is like throwing a chastity belt on a nymphomaniac who works in a brothel.

So that’s what I’ve been up to lately. And now I leave you with this:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my god! How are you now? Do you know what caused your ulcer? Hope you're feeling better!!!